special treatment for customers

Discussion in 'Business Reviews' started by costin84, Aug 31, 2016.

1. costin84

costin84 Member

Vokswagen had a difficult period, after the public scandal related to the unfair data about pollution level in the latest models, yet I have to admit the company knows to make you feel important
    I had some difficulty with the clutch system and since my current car is still under the warranty of the leasing contract, I visited an authorized Volkswagen service to check it
    The mechanics said it would be ready in 1h and I can supervise the checking and it lasted even less. In the end, I received a gasoline voucher for my visit

2. Abraham

Abraham Member

I have always been satisfied with my 4 visits to them so far. During 1st year paid service, the service engineer kept on insisting me for add on services like wheel balancing, brake cleaning etc but the trick is to just deny politely :)

3. Christian

Christian Member

Well, my experience has not been nice with them. They do not have parts in stock which takes atleast 2 weeks for them to resolve any non routine issue. Poor customer support as many of their service centres are understaffed. Its too difficult to get in touch with them to know the estimate time it will take them for your car to be repaired.

4. Abraham

Abraham Member

Oh I am sorry to hear that you had poor experience with them. I think it differs from country to country or city to city I guess. Luckily, I have always had a satisfactory and good experience with their staff and service.

5. Christian

Christian Member

Its not the same for me and I do have had similar experience that you mentioned in one of your posts above and I agree completely that they do insist on getting unnecessary services done.

6. Abraham

Abraham Member

Well, for their insistence on other non required services, I would suggest something and this applies not just to VolksWagon but any other brand. Go to them reading the user manual properly to understand what services that particular brand recommends and insist on those services only plus any particular complaint that you may have and deny for the rest politely. Hope this tip helps :)

7. costin84

costin84 Member

When I hear something like this, which is likely to be a trick, in order to sell other products (I really doubt that a service station doesn`t full itself as a common store with satisfactory stocks), I simply ask: If I get the product from outside, would you take care of the reparation? Magically, the product appears, it`s better to be sold in the service station, than the customer to buy it from rival stations