Luggage with wheels.

Discussion in 'Roof Racks, Luggage and Cargo Carriers' started by Truckermax, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Truckermax

Truckermax Member

I might be dumb for posting this, but I couldn't pass it up since this is a automotive board, and this is a luggage thread.

Quick question: Does luggage with the little wheels on them count as automotive?

If so, whats your favorite brand huh? Mine is this cheap little set I got at Wal-Mart. Does nice little tight turns around the corners, and needs little maintenance.

2. Daniel

Daniel Member

Haha I read this interesting thread and had to reply on it, I love every bit of this thread.
    I wouldn't consider it automotive as the definition I was taught is "propelled by a self-contained motor, engine, or the like".
    I haven't found a luggage suitcase that drives itself yet unfortunately.

As far as my brand goes, I can't recall what brand mine is, I have a big black one with wheels. It's a chore to use it though, the cheap plastic wheels have no mercy on me. Of course it's all about how much stuff you plan to stuff in there, I tend to overstuff mine, which is probably why it's such a burden to bring it.

3. Christian

Christian Member

Lol :) Very well explained Truckermax. Well I have one from Samsonite from last couple of years and I feel it handles my over stuffing and rough usage very well :) Its very durable and very reasonably priced too. There is a large variety available for everyone out there, so you can pick one up by your choice and budget.

4. Randomer2000

Randomer2000 Member

Lol, Why would you think it was an automotive? You need to physically push it for it to work haha!

On the topic though, I don't carry luggage's with wheels unless they are the small trolly like ones.

5. Dave92

Dave92 Member

Interesting thread to say the least!

To answer the question, I always used Samsonite all my life and they never let me down. I like to replace my luggage every now and then but if I kept the first one I bought, I think I would still be using it without any issues.