Helmet hair

Discussion in 'Helmets, Clothing and Body Protection' started by Jellynelly, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Jellynelly

Jellynelly Member

Man. I hate helmet hair. But I have having short hair too =(. Is there any sort of shampoo, or any sort of trick I can do to keep my hair nice and straight without ruining it when I take my helmet off after riding around for a while? I don't want to keep it off as I want to keep myself protected (And its illegal to not wear a helmet I think). but I also dont like spending an hour or two combing my hair everytime I get back from a ride.

2. Alex Green

Alex Green Member

Oh man, I really wish somebody could actually come up with the solution as I also suffer from this issue. I shampoo my hair nicely before leaving my house on my bike and than wearing this helmet just spoils it all :)

3. Stan Daniels

Stan Daniels Member

I am sure there must be some dry shampoo and sprays available to cope with helmet hair but I would say, this is something you can not just avoid completely. Prefer to keep short hair as a simple tip but in any case, do not prefer good looking hair over safety by avoiding the helmet, ever.

4. Alex Green

Alex Green Member

Very well said Stan and I really want all the motorcyclists to take this advice seriously, especially the youth generation.

5. Frankie

Frankie Member

Please do not let any of your hair problem discourage you from wearing a helmet. Not only it is essential for the protection of your head but legally it is compulsory also.

6. abbey

abbey Member

Being conscious of your hair, looks is a good thing but what would you do if you happen to smash your head without a helmet ? There will be no head or hair. Please never ever compromise with your safety, there are many sprays and gels available in the market which can help.