feeding routine

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by Darran, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Darran

Darran Member

my cat doesn't finish the food I gave it before then do I add more food to it later or do i throw it out and clean it? also for every feeding routine (like whenever i feed her) do i have to change the water always ?

2. devani

devani Member

I would say, give her fresh food every time. But I would not advice giving her food all day, make a proper consistent routine for her feeding. If she is too active, then probably 3 to 4 times is good but if you feel she she has started gaining weight, you will have to switch it to 2 to 3 times a day. Fat cats may look cute but the extra weight puts a strain on their health leading to your frequent Vet visits.

3. Anila

Anila Member

Do you know many cats develop bad acne ? I am sure many would have seen this but dont quite understand the cause behind this. The main reason is because their face is rubbing on the greasy sides of the food bowls. To avoid this, please use bowls that are made of a non porous material like stainless steel, glass or ceramic and also dont forget to keep them clean. Also make sure that the bowl is not too deep, no deeper than the depth of your cat's muzzle. This should minimise her contact with the sides of the bowl. Hope this helps.